Author Topic: Senate majority votes to convict…  (Read 441 times)

Online Danno

• Premium Membership Vouched Member
  • Registered Member
  • Rate Me: +8/-9
  • Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome
Re: Senate majority votes to convict…
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2021, 10:04:22 AM »
Blamed it on the Daughters. Trump trained him good, never take responsibility. It's always somebody else that did it.

Offline romanticlover

• Registered Member
  • Rate Me: +12/-8
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2021, 10:13:30 AM »
At least Cruz didn't kill thousands of people, any of you Dems want to defend Gov Cuomo's decision to send infected people to nursing homes?

Speaking of children, where's Hunter "Crackhead" Biden?
Are we having fun yet?

Online Danno

• Registered Member
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2021, 10:59:52 AM »
more false news

Online thaikhan

• Registered Member
  • Rate Me: +14/-5
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2021, 01:04:14 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/01/politics/andrew-cuomo-nursing-homes-fact-check/index.html

Both CNN and the Associated Press reported on this.  Are you following Trump's assertion that they are both indeed "Fake News"

Online thaikhan

• Registered Member
  • Rate Me: +14/-5
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2021, 01:11:30 PM »
Ted Cruz did not initially admit fault. He only did so after giving out conflicting stories and being confronted with the absurdity of it all.

On the day they left for Mexico in a group chat with a name referring to the street the Cruz family lives on, Heidi Cruz appeared to take an active role in planning the getaway. In one text, a contact identified in screenshots with her name said her family was staying with a neighbor who had power and then suggested a trip to Cancún.
"Is everyone warm? That's a must! We could all huddle in one house, [name's] had heat," the text said. "Anyone can or want to leave for the week? We may go to Cancun, there is a direct flight at 445pm and hotels with capacity. Seriously."
In a later text, the contact identified in screenshots as Heidi Cruz told the group, "the Ritz Carlton has rooms at like $300 and we've been there many times great property god security etc no issues," adding: "I'll confirm on the covid we need to call the hotel this am to confirm that but you just test when you arrive as needs to be 3days before return."

Later that day, the family leaves. When it's discovered the press and other lawmakers quite rightly discuss how inappropriate it was. Facing an onslaught of criticism for his decision to flee Texas as the state contended with a deadly winter storm, Cruz returned home less than 24 hours after he departed.

Cruz then proceeded to give conflicting statements:
On Thursday he said he accompanied his family to Cancun a day earlier after his daughters asked to go on a trip with friends, given that school was canceled for the week.
“Wanting to be a good dad, I flew down with them last night and am flying back this afternoon,” Cruz wrote.
"When it became more and more of a firestorm it became all the more compelling that I needed to come back," he added.
Still, Cruz managed to continue deflecting some of the blame, according to Cook. He again said his daughters wanted to go somewhere warm, and added: "We're in a strange time where Twitter is going crazy and the media is going crazy."

But then, Cruz made yet another statement:
After arriving back in Texas on Thursday, Cruz told reporters that the "plan had been to stay through the weekend," but he changed his itinerary after seeing the "firestorm" brewing over the trip.
"When I arrived and saw the initial firestorm, what had started as second thoughts that I had as soon as we left grew even greater," Cruz said.
Cruz conceded that the trip was "obviously a mistake," stating that he had "second thoughts" almost as soon as he sat down on the plane. "I was trying to be a dad," Cruz said.

So the "dignity" expressed by Cruz is:
He planned to be gone for the weekend
He got second thoughts when the shit hit the fan
He states he left for his kids
He states he was going to go down and come right back up
He states that the firestorm of controversy is what made him come back.
He then states it was obviously a mistake, and in hindsight, he wouldn’t have done it

Yeah, ok. Flip-flopping on the length of the trip. Flip-flopping on why he came back. Stating he came back because of the controversy and then saying he shouldn't have done it. That is not the definition of dignity most people have. It sounds more like your plain everyday Cover Your Ass...

Glad you're still trying to spin different things here.  This is what we were talking about.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Ted-Cruz-cant-defend-power-outages-in-Texas-15956400.php

Cruz leaving the state of Texas no one is defending but if you think it will deflect away from what others have done then Trump away.  As stated previously in my post, both Cruz and Cuomo should be impeached/removed from office.  Cruz abandoned his post during a state of crisis.  Cuomo led thousands, if not more, to their deaths and then backtracked and said that it never happened.  Again I will say, most did not like Trump because they saw themselves when looking at him.  A narcissistic asshole who only cares about himself and his clout.  That's also why I fear for our future generation as many raised kids who think like Bernie but act like Trump.

Offline Zep

• Registered Member
  • Rate Me: +57/-5
  • Is this Heaven?
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2021, 01:33:57 PM »
At least Cruz didn't kill thousands of people, any of you Dems want to defend Gov Cuomo's decision to send infected people to nursing homes?

Let me get this straight, Cuomo personally killed thousands?   My understanding was as the hospitals filled up in NY, Cuomo authorized some with the illness, but no longer requiring ICU or hospital care, to return to their nursing homes. In hind sight, maybe not a good decision.  I guess they could have sent them onto the streets or to homeless shelters.   

You are acting like he said, "Let's find some infected people and put a few in every nursing home to kill lots of old people."   
Is this Heaven?  No, it’s just a Party...

Offline romanticlover

• Registered Member
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2021, 01:49:11 PM »
Blaming Cruz for the power outages is akin to people in MI blaming the governor for lead pipes that were installed 100 years ago in Flint.
Following that logic I can blame Newsom and our two Dem Senators because my power went out a few weeks ago during that storm.

As for Cuomo, he is an incompetent idiot that should be held accountable for the deaths. The news reported the fact early last year and medical experts knew it was a bad idea but CNN and most media outlets just ignored it.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/02/why-do-democrats-pretend-andrew-cuomo-did-a-good-job-with-covid.html

« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 02:04:19 PM by romanticlover »
Are we having fun yet?

Offline Zep

• Registered Member
  • Is this Heaven?
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2021, 02:15:23 PM »
Keep in mind that Cuomo is a potential Democratic presidential candidate in 2024,  FoxNews has made the decision to try to destroy this man now before he becomes too popular nationwide.  If all a person does is listen to FoxNews you would have the conclusion that Cuomo is a terrible human being.  The propaganda machine is working overtime on the governor.  Believe it or not but Cuomo highly regarded and is even respected by Trump.

Online Danno

• Registered Member
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2021, 02:49:51 PM »
love all these Monday morning quarterbacks

Blaming Cruz for the power outages is akin to people in MI blaming the governor for lead pipes that were installed 100 years ago in Flint.
Following that logic I can blame Newsom and our two Dem Senators because my power went out a few weeks ago during that storm.

As for Cuomo, he is an incompetent idiot that should be held accountable for the deaths. The news reported the fact early last year and medical experts knew it was a bad idea but CNN and most media outlets just ignored it.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/02/why-do-democrats-pretend-andrew-cuomo-did-a-good-job-with-covid.html

Offline Carroll82

• Registered Member
  • Rate Me: +1/-0
  • Premium Membership Requires Vouching
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2021, 05:15:59 PM »

I realize it's all the rage in right-wing-land to bash Cuomo for every death in a New York nursing home, but it's too easy, in retrospect, to jump on what was undoubtedly a bad decision made early in the pandemic. The buck stops with Cuomo, of course, but to suggest he "killed" people, and therefore you're outraged, is pathetic. Use your powers of reason rather than your knee-jerk reactions.

Offline romanticlover

• Registered Member
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2021, 05:34:54 PM »
You can call me whatever you like but the fact remains Cuomo sent infected people to nursing homes when medical experts advised against it, I doubt some of you would be defending him if he was a Republican. In fact if he was a Republican all of the media outlets would be criticizing him.

I'm a moderate who isn't a hypocrite, if a Republican politician did what Cuomo did I would criticize them also.

Are we having fun yet?

Offline billstar619

• Registered Member
  • Rate Me: +0/-0
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2021, 06:44:55 AM »

LOL. This is just like fox news. When there's nothing to new criticize, go criticize the family and children of the individual, or bring up a past conspiracy theory or charged issue from years ago.

I'm surprised you didn't add Hillary and Benghazi to your Hunter comment.

Offline romanticlover

• Registered Member
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2021, 08:01:00 AM »
Well you Dems went after Trump's kids so Hunter is fair game, especially since the feds are investigating him.
Not just FOX, here's an article from CNN: 
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/09/politics/hunter-biden-tax-investigtation/index.html
Are we having fun yet?

Offline Zep

• Registered Member
  • Is this Heaven?
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2021, 01:43:41 PM »
Trumps kids worked in the administration directly for Trump. Had access to high level clearance. Used these positions to fly around the world on taxpayer's dime with secret service protection.  They spent their time primarily building the Trump brand business relationships with Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Israel, China.  All as representatives of the US government.

Hunter Biden is not employed by his father, is not working in the White House, does not have government clearances.   He's a grown man with his own life and career. If he did something wrong, he should be charged, if he didn't he will move on.

Once a child steps into the political arena, he or she is fair game to be scrutinized.  Hunter has not made that move. 

Offline billstar619

• Registered Member
  • Rate Me: +0/-0
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2021, 07:18:39 PM »