Author Topic: Hey Megan Rapinoe! Follow the money bitch.  (Read 455 times)

Offline Tuscano

• Premium Membership Vouched Member
  • Registered Member
  • Rate Me: +49/-24
  • Without adversity there is no growth.
Hey Megan Rapinoe! Follow the money bitch.
« on: April 07, 2021, 09:49:54 PM »
So you are not getting equal pay? cry me a river! Who, who do you need to appeal to? Fans! fans drive the $$$. You suck. Who are the fans PAYING the $$$? MEN!!! Why is women figure skating taking in the $$$? They got ASS! And beach volleyball? Is that actually a sport? where is Men's beach volleyball??? Equal pay sister!!!
Megan...follow the $$$ if you are not delivering a saleable product, you cannot bitch.
Vorresti essere me!

Offline dogwalker

• Registered Member
  • Rate Me: +31/-9
Re: Hey Megan Rapinoe! Follow the money bitch.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 09:33:22 AM »
So in other words if they played soccer NUDE they'd make more than men?

Online CigarMan

• Registered Member
  • Rate Me: +4/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 10:03:26 AM »
Yep

Online thaikhan

• Registered Member
  • Rate Me: +16/-5
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 11:41:04 AM »
The reason why the women's team gets paid less than the men's team is due to the CBA each fought for.  What the women wanted vs the men were completely different.  The Women's association wanted more guaranteed money which lead to less overall money.  The Men's association wanted more overall money with little guaranteed money.  Had the Women's team been under the Men's CBA they would have made more and had the Men's team been on the Women's CBA they would have made more. 

The argument that the USWNT is operating on is that they were already bargaining from behind due to the assumption that equal pay was not on the table so they took what they could get.  As their CBA is up in 2021 and they bring in a little more than the same amount of revenue as the USMNT now, regardless that from 2009 to 2019 the men have brought in almost double what the USWNT brought in, they can ask for the same CBA as the Mens or renegotiate theirs for higher pay.

Also of note, the US Soccer operates as a non profit.  As such, neither men nor women will ever see the type of money any other sports team does.  Sponsorship for both national teams are sold as a bundle so one does not necessarily make more than the other due to sponsorship.  Furthermore, MLS has been around since 1993 whereas NWSL has only been around since 2012.  All of NWSL's predecessors had previously folded.  This is also part of the reason why the USWNT bargained for different things than the men.  The NWSL is also up in the air as they are no longer under management contract from the USSF/US Soccer.

Offline Tuscano

• Registered Member
  • Rate Me: +49/-24
  • Without adversity there is no growth.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 08:36:20 PM »
The reason why the women's team gets paid less than the men's team is due to the CBA each fought for.  What the women wanted vs the men were completely different.  The Women's association wanted more guaranteed money which lead to less overall money.  The Men's association wanted more overall money with little guaranteed money.  Had the Women's team been under the Men's CBA they would have made more and had the Men's team been on the Women's CBA they would have made more. 

The argument that the USWNT is operating on is that they were already bargaining from behind due to the assumption that equal pay was not on the table so they took what they could get.  As their CBA is up in 2021 and they bring in a little more than the same amount of revenue as the USMNT now, regardless that from 2009 to 2019 the men have brought in almost double what the USWNT brought in, they can ask for the same CBA as the Mens or renegotiate theirs for higher pay.

Also of note, the US Soccer operates as a non profit.  As such, neither men nor women will ever see the type of money any other sports team does.  Sponsorship for both national teams are sold as a bundle so one does not necessarily make more than the other due to sponsorship.  Furthermore, MLS has been around since 1993 whereas NWSL has only been around since 2012.  All of NWSL's predecessors had previously folded.  This is also part of the reason why the USWNT bargained for different things than the men.  The NWSL is also up in the air as they are no longer under management contract from the USSF/US Soccer.

"why I didn't know you had it in you!" - Johnny Ringo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfgQWvhu8s4
Good info. Yet doesn't change my position. The women chose a save route and pout about the money.
Vorresti essere me!

Online thaikhan

• Registered Member
  • Rate Me: +16/-5
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 09:03:35 PM »
And I'm in agreement with you. 

Offline billstar619

• Katexoxo Private Party Room
  • Registered Member
  • Rate Me: +1/-0
  • Premium Membership Requires Vouching
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2021, 11:59:53 PM »
Personally, Iíd rather watch the womenís team. Far more entertaining and successful than the menís US team.

By a long shot.

Offline Woody1

• Registered Member
  • Rate Me: +49/-8
  • Old guy who loves women and wine!
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2021, 08:41:24 PM »
I agree, bill! The women play a more subtle, beautiful game.
;-}>
Love and Peace and LIFE!!

Offline Fishhunter

• Registered Member
  • Rate Me: +15/-2
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2021, 01:31:06 PM »
Personally, Iíd rather watch the womenís team. Far more entertaining and successful than the menís US team.

By a long shot.
+1
Life is what you make it!